Saturday, February 06, 2010

snowy silent morning


What a spectacular morning. For no good reason whatsoever (well, mind control from Pippin, apparently, who shuffled into the bedroom and stared at me until I got up to let him out), I was awake at 5:30 this morning. I don't mind getting up early, if I've gotten a good night's sleep. That's not necessarily the case today, sigh. But here I am, tapping away at the keyboard.

But the main thing I wanted to say was that at 5:30am, when I let Pippin out into the freshly snowed-upon world, it was utterly, utterly silent. I mean, nothing, not a breath of wind, no far-off cars, not even Harry the neighboring rooster was yet crowing (thank god).

It felt so comforting, like being in a protective cocoon. Held, nurtured, safely embraced by the shelter of winter in my home. And that's something I really need right now.

Good morning. I hope this finds everyone peaceful, safe, and content in your own homes, wherever they may be.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: