Friday, April 17, 2009

hibernation

Winter is the time to slink off to one's cave, lick life's wounds, and reflect while keeping one's back safely to the wall, no?

I have been in deep hibernation for the past six weeks, it seems. Time has swung for me crazily, veering in and out and sometimes standing still.

I slept. I dreamed. I moved. I cried. I giggled. I contemplated.

I did not, however, write.

Back again, waking up to the world in a slow, leisurely stretch. Gazing around, blinking, taking in the whole bright world through one cracked lid at a time.

Welcoming myself home. It feels good. And, oh, the writing muscles. How they both long yet fear the impending workout!

Good thing I'm surrounded by red cliffs, snowy mountains, and friends. It's what buoys me now as I plunge back into the world....
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Trail Monster said...

Well Good morning umm Good Spring!
Hope you enjoy your rest, now stretch that spine and make pretty words for us.
;)

Julie Trevelyan said...

Thanks. Working on the pretty words! One at a time...slowly.... :)